What is Royal Mail Mailmark?
Mailmark is a new generation of franking mark that replaces the traditional ‘town and crown’ die with a 2D barcode that carries machine readable information on the user and mailpiece.
The barcode enables franking customers and Royal Mail to improve the way mail is processed, providing additional benefits for everyone. Mailmark offers the potential to track mail location and delivery, improve reporting and management of tariffs.
How it works
As your mail is produced, a Mailmark is added. Our Royal Mail account manager can show you how. Your mail's details are then added to an e-manifest (an electronic list of your consignments). which gets sent to Royal Mail.
As your mail rolls through the Royal Mail system, the barcodes, are read generating a personal report which you can check online to see exactly what's happening with your mail.
How can Mailmark benefit my business?
- Royal Mail say that MailMark will always have the lowest tariffs across all franking channels.
- The use of a LAN connection allows for quicker connections to be made through your franking machine, saving you both time and money spent on line rental.
- Have important documents you want returning? Mailmark enables you to do a date-less pre-paid frank, allowing your customers to return documents at no cost to themselves which in turn, is likely to increase your response rate.
- Your machine will automatically update prices whenever changes occur.
- The data transferred from the information provided within the barcode allows Mailmark customers to keep a track of the way in which they do their post and their postage expenditure.
- The barcode allows for a clean cut finish to your frank in comparison to the circular ‘town and crown’ die.
- Royal Mail have stated that more products and services are being developed for the future that will incorporate the use of MailMark.